The Last 25

Thursday, June 3, 2010

Bullet Points of Crazy

  • One thing I'm not very good at is stopping eating. Even after almost a year (and probably six months of good restriction) I still need to get that extra bite. Of course then I freak myself out that I'm stretching my pouch – I'm sure I'm not but like right now I probably just ate a cup of tuna when I could have stopped at half a cup, but half a cup never seems like enough mentally.
  • My husband got his surgery date – July 2nd! Lots of drama at his work – he runs a wine shop and since he'll be out over the holiday the owners are freaking out because it interferes with their annual July 4th trip to their Lake house (boo-hoo). I could write a whole long post on his work situation (which is bizarre), but I'll say this, the female of the couple that owns the business calls him like 2 hours after he tells them about the date and says "maybe you should switch the date because what if something happens over the weekend and your surgeon is off for the holiday and you have to deal with interns?? You would be better off to do it the next week." Her concern is overwhelming – can you believe this shit?? I told him to tell her that it's Johns Fucking Hopkins and not a third world hospital and since they OWN their vacation house they can go the next week. They do not know what he is having done, but seriously the balls – not to mention the business is closed July 4th & 5th so they can still go on their precious vacation, just not as long. OK that did go on awhile – sorry.
  • Am I they only that gets paranoid that other bloggers don't like her? Seriously, I go through these phases where I'll be like "that person never comments on my blog, but I comment on hers, maybe I should unfollow her because she doesn't like me, no maybe that would be worse". Yes that is my sad mental conversation. Now I know there are people I follow that I LOVE, but I don't always comment on because they post earlier in the day and I'm at work and I can't comment from Google Reader and I never get caught up, so I'm not sure why I take it so personally. I need help.
  • I wore my new size 14 bathing suit to the pool Sunday and felt pretty good. I'm going to take a picture in it but I seriously need to tan my vampire like skin first. While I was at the pool a couple came in and just sat at the edge and put their feet in. The woman was very large and had regular clothes on. I so desperately wanted to be like you don't have to just wear capris to the pool and stick your feet in – you can be normal like me. Of course I wouldn't say that, but does that go through your head now? I mean I'm not Kate Moss, but I feel normal now (size wise) and it makes me feel sad when I see a miserable big person. Maybe I shouldn't assume everyone is miserable, but it's hard not to.
  • What is it that makes a 4 day week seem longer than a normal 5 day week? I'm so ready for Saturday.
  • Take care lovelies!

31 comments:

Theresa said...

Funny, Catherine55 said she felt like she wanted to have a band conversation with a heavy woman at the pool too. I'll let you know when I feel normal if I'm compelled to do the same. Great post, and I made sure to comment becaue I do like you!!! (don't worry, I think like that too!)

Amy said...

I want to kick your hubby's boss in the teeth. I wonder how much that would ruin her vacation?

And I totally hear ya on the paranoia. I think it's normal! :) We're all neurotic, right?

Finally, I SOOOO hear ya on the wanting to tell other big people about this magic answer. I know I can't, but I want them to know there is a way out. It is not hopeless.

Smooches!

Alexis said...

I agree with Amy about your husbands boss! (her comment cracked me up!). What freaking nerve. Seriously, people bug the shit out of me sometimes.

I am like that about blog comments too! I always feel like I've offended someone, aren't funny enough, people don't like me, blah, blah, blah. I know that isn't' the case though! :) BTW...I love your blog and try to comment when possible (sometimes I read stuff on my phone and it's a pain in the ass to try to comment from there!).

Gilly said...

I like you!!

And I also have pouch stretch paranoia with every single meal, every single day. It's horrible! It doesn't actually STOP me from shoveling that extra bite(s) in there, but ugh...I hate being stressed about it ALL the time!

-Grace- said...

Your hubby's boss has some nerve...and a posse of fat chicks after her now! Add me to that list. Unbelievable.

I have the same internal convo about being disliked by other bloggers. I like you, though, so don't worry! :)

Sandy said...

Oh I had to comment in case I'm one of those people who never comments. And I'm lucky this week. I didn't have Monday off but I have tomorrow off, so the weekend starts early for me. Cheer up. It's almost Saturday.

Barbara said...

OMG .. I can not wait to meet you in Chicago.. You crack me up (the JFH comment made me pee).. Yeah I know what you mean about the posting thing.. I actually did unfollow myself on one blog (I won;t say).. and the restraining yourself on the food volume.. I have had to literally measure my food in little F'in glad cups with lids to make sure I am staying at the 1/2 cup amount.. I feel like a dog at the kennel.. here it's feeding time and you get half a cup.. now go wage your tail..anyway.. hugs to you Linda.. I love you.

Lynda said...

Sorry I don't comment more...but I promise I read every single post you write!

Cheers!
The "other" Lynda

Tina said...

Goodness you have 134 followers :) you are popular. I worry about it all the time and I only have 64...see so many of us are lame-o. :) Do I comment enough on your blog?...self doubt am I the one?? :)

It took me more than a year to master the serving size thing. I can feel it now but it took a lot of barfing at the sink before I did. I also think everyones warning signs are different. Mine is a little tickle at the back of my throat but I have heard others get a runny nose, hiccup etc.

Ohh swimsuits...I need one. I'm scared to even try any on.

Bosses are a pain in the backside.

Tina

Amanda Kiska said...

I share your blogger paranoia. Sometimes I'll only get a couple of comments on a post or I'll comment on someone who nevers comments on me and think no one likes me or other bloggers are shunning me. Or they think my blog and comments are stupid.

LDswims said...

1) I was stopping at the first sign of full and have now realized that I need to eat "enough". Since I weigh my food, I have been working lately on getting more - to get my calorie count more reasonable without having to snack. If I stop at first sign of full, I'm hungry again in two hours. If I eat, very slowly, chew chew chewing, all that I have weighed and determined is normal, then I'm actually full "long enough".

2) Danged wine shop owners. Good for your hubby for not backing down! That's ludicrous!

3) I'm totally paranoid about that, too! I know I lost a follower who is somebody we all follow and love and it still hurts me to this day that she doesn't think I'm worthy. It's gonna be interesting...she's going to Chicago...I'm going to Chicago...

But I'm totally paranoid, too. I think it's partially because my sense of humor and my sarcasm or not coming through in my blog like they do in real life so I seem heavier (personality wise) than I really am...then I start trying too hard...dangit people - just like me! :)

4) That's my thought for the day on Facebook. Too funny!

5) You take care, too!

Loved the post!!!

Camille said...

I'm having pouch stretching paranoia too. I always feel like I take that unnecessary extra bite. Your husband's boss sounds like a moron. I hope he does great with the surgery!!

Alison said...

I never ever think of stretching my pouch! What a terrible bandster I am, I almost think that I don't have a pouch at the moment as I don't really have restriction, thats f'd up isn't it? I must keep reminding myself that its there.
I'm paranoid about comments, sometimes I start writing and it sounds so lame that I just delete, its no reflection on the person who's blog i'm reading.

kagead said...

I am soooo bad at commenting but you know I hang on your every word!!! :)

MandaPanda said...

OMG! I do the same thing with comments! But then I figure..I'm just not as interesting as other people. I lost 2 followers in one week and about had a coronary! Don't worry! You're loved! And that sucks about your husband's bosses...so lame!

Heather said...

So great that hubby got his date. Sucks about his boss. Do people think that just because they have some power, we are their minions? Don't worry about your blogger parinoia. You have so many followers! I get a little paranoid too!

CC said...

congrats to you hubby and his bosses suck! i too feel that i'm not liked! i wonder why certain people don't follow me etc. i wonder about the commenting too but then i remember that i don't always comment because sometimes i just don't have anything interesting to say lol maybe i should start commenting no matter what i have to say lol

Sherry said...

Yes, I wonder all the time if people like me and my blog. It is a huge source of security (when people comment) and insecurity (when no one comments). I can tell you, however, that I read all of your entries! But sometimes, I don't comment because I have a toddler trying to type on my computer. And I hear you with the wanting to eat more thing. So so hard. I wonder if I'll ever get to where I don't overeat.

Kristin said...

Like Sherry, I'm a very regular reader (I love Marylanders!) but don't always comment. There's always someone trying to get at my keyboard. Damn mobile babies. Also, and I know this is hard to believe, but sometimes I don't have anything interesting to add to the conversation so I don't comment.

♥ Drazil ♥ said...

WE LOVE YOU! I freak out about commenters too - I think it's just us women being women you know? If I ever slack off on commenting - send me a line - cuz I never want you to feel like that about me mmkkkaayy?
PS - Grace cracked me up - a posse of fat women! Them bosses suck - I wish I could be there when karma catches up with them...cuz it will.

Girl Bandit said...

Catherine said the same thing today!!! I get the blog paranoia...but I love you!!! And how is your DH's bosses...how rude. What if it was an emergency type procedure.....don't get me started!!!

Bunny said...

haaaahaa! well I love you. I know that we would be instant buddies if I ever met you. I am trying to get some kinda order so I am reading blogs that I love and trying to comment more (Lonicera's idea cos she thinks I need help!!! shes right!!) cos I am seriously lame on the commenting thingy score. I am always like "no one ever write me except a few people boo hoo" and then never comment on others blogs. Ummm Pot Kettle Black spring to mind *kicks own arse real hard*

So heres my MASSIVE comment. :)))

Bosses suck. thank god neither me or my hubby have one any more, but to be fair thats not good either as we cant take a vacation EVER now! Crap. didnt work that one out did we.

I am so glad your hubby got his date through though. what a kool time to have it too, cos he can take the summer to get out and exercise while hes really motivated to lose too- thats no fun in the winter.

ok, that's enough now.

hugs
xx

Christine said...

No you're not the only one paranoid that other bloggers don't like her! But look how many comments you have here! I think you're doing just fine. BTW I think your husband's job sounds a little peculiar....

DB said...

OMG! I can relate to so much that you wrote here! I can never stop with the food either - I don't over do the calories - but I over do the volume if that makes sense?

Your DH's boss's suck - congrats on his date!

I feel the same way about commenters - paranoid. I stopped commenting on a few blogs because they never seem to return the kudos - you know? I also feel like I do not have great things to write about, that my blog isn't funny or interesting enough - I'm psycho!!!

By the way, Dh is going to the Orioles/Red Sox game tomorrow :)

Joey said...

I love you even if I don't comment. It just means I got crazy busy.

Stephanie M. said...

I don't comment nearly as much as I'd like to. Right now I have 838 total messages in my Google Reader, 52 of which are band blogs AFTER an hour of band blog reading. I never truly get caught up so sometimes I feel so far behind that I just can't comment on everything...but eventually I read every word!

Steph said...

I just wanted to say that I' sorry if i don't always comment, but sometimes it just gets so crazy at work (specifically this week) that I can only take a few moments to read a few of the blogs, with the full intention to go back and comment once I get home with free time and then I don't get around to it. I suck, I know and I get the same paranoia when people don't comment on my blogs. I go instantly into "why don't they like me" mode...I promise to be more diligent!!

Jen said...

I get the blog paranoia too. ALL the time. So funny that we all have it. I'm terrible at returning comments though - I need to be better.

Oh, and I'm going with Amy to kick in your DH's bosses teeth. HEIFER!

Bella said...

Sure the followers/comments are nice, but don't all you girls just blog for YOU? I reckon I enjoy all the stuff I get from reading blogs more than writing my own - but then i'm also a terrible writer :)

... that being said... I HAVE been known to check in for a few days after posting to see if i've had any comments.... Okay, i'm apparently just as twisted as the rest of you! :)

Just wanted to let you know that i'm reading and i'm not going to unfollow you coz I enjoy your posts! No reciprocal visit or 'following' required (although they are much appreciated!)

Cindylew said...

I just added myself as your new follower.
I saw Steph's reference to your blog on the subject of commenting on blog's and it seems all of us share your feelings. I don't know how I missed your blog up until this point but you're now on my list.

Bonnie said...

We really do need to be friends because you crack me up. That is so great that July 2 is your hubby's date. I wish mine was earlier in July, but I'm starting to feel like I've got a lot to do and not a lot of time to do it in, so I guess if my date was sooner I'd really be freaking out.