The Last 25

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Keep calm, Carry on

I wanted to thank everyone for their support yesterday – obviously I was frustrated, pissed off and feeling sorry for myself. I especially want to thank those who wanted to physically hurt the NP for me – that shows you care.

Even before I posted I made an appointment for next week for an upper GI – better safe then sorry. I am trying to have a calmer outlook about some of it. Yes, this woman is very cautious and is looking out for my best interest. I still think it's a little bit of BS to question why I would want a fill if I've lost weight because I lost weight with very little restriction – the two aren't necessarily related if you're using will power (plus I've lost very little in the last 3 weeks).

 

I do feel like I need a tiny fill, but I'm trying to reexamine my eating to see if I can improve it or if I've changed it lately. I know I've had more carb-y sliders lately (like these Food Should Taste Good Tortilla Chips – they aren't that bad calorically, but I've over indulged). Also, I used to have a latte every morning and in the evening, but since the weather changed I've stopped. These can really fill me up so I'm wondering if that's making a difference in my hunger level. With all that being said, I know things aren't sticking with me the same way – I had a Luna Protein bar at around 9:00AM and it's 11:00 and I'm getting hungry – that's not cool.

 

So I'm going try to focus a little more on what I'm eating and get some scale action – fill or no fill.  I do have to see my surgeon next Friday when she does Rick's surgery so maybe we'll have some answers by then (although it's probably inappropriate to address that when it's not about me, I'll see what she says).

4 comments:

Janice said...

The NP didn't not need to be MEAN about it yesterday. She could have communicated without the RUDE ATTITUDE. You should have told her "Mean People Suck!" That would have slowed her down. So much for customer service! :)

According to my dr's office erosion is the rarest problems to have 1-3% nationally. I hope they get it figured out. Hang in there!

LOVED the cake! It is so elegant! Cute pic of family in graduation! Got to love those moments in time! They go quick!

Bonnie said...

I think you made the right decision making the appointment, but I douby anything is wrong. It definitely sounds like you need a small fill.

SuperMegaAnna said...

I feel your pain girl.. but yeah do the Upper GI. My doctor was worried I may have had a slip or something and completely unfilled me and I had to wait a couple weeks for my upper GI. I am up some weight now... and so not happy about it... but I am glad my band is okay. This is a small setback for a safe future!

Cindylew said...

Good decision...take it one day at a time.
I feel your pain on the whole "hungry after two hours" thing...it sucks.