I'm not sure where to begin - I had a fill appointment this morning. I went to see the other NP because the NP I used to see left. She walks in and says hi- have we met? I said no I used to see Tara. OK I have to write this conversationally or I'll go crazy.
Mean NP: Oh you 9.5 cc's in your band
Poor, hungry me: Actually 9.75 from my last fill in April
MNP: I've never had anyone go that high with your band I don't feel comfortable giving you a fill.
PHM: really? Well, I'm getting hungry every 2 hours, I need a fill. I'm not here for any issues.
MNP: Well, maybe I will. Oh I see you were at 9.75 before and you had an unfill
PHM: Well yes, but that was December, I've lost probably 25 pounds since then and I've been at 9.75 since April with no problems.
MNP: I see you've lost weight since that fill in April, why do you think you need another?
PHM: Because I'm hungry, the fact I've lost weight has nothing do to do with this - except I've probably lost fat around my stomach and need a tweak.
MNP: Well I won't give you one unless your surgeon OKs it. I'll go call her and discuss it.
PHM: grunt
20 minutes later she comes back
MNP: I'm sorry that took so long. She said no, you need to have an upper GI first
PHM: So I'm never going to have another fill?
MNP: No, you just need to have an upper GI so we can rule out erosion and then maybe.
PHM: (zipping up my purse) OK, but just to clarify, my band holds 11cc's right?
MNP: yes, but too tight bands cause erosion. We just want to make sure you're OK because I've never seen anyone with that much fill in a Lap Band Vanguard band. Ever. But you've really done great with weight loss , we have bypass patients that don't lose that much
PHM: grunt
So yea, I'm pissed and want to gain like ten pounds and go back and say can I have fucking fill in my eroded band now?? Please? Ughh - I knew I would have trouble when Tara left. And of course now I'm paranoid that I have an eroded band because my ports been hurting lately and that can be a sign if you're ports infected. So I don't know if I want to be pig headed and not get the upper GI or get it just to find out and hopefully say screw you guys give me a fill. I hate stupid freakin people.
So enough of that - I had a good crazy weekend up to that point. Cate graduated preschool and my cake for my Mom & Dad's anniversary party came out OK. Here are some pictures:
| Mom & Dad's Cake |
| Preschool Grad |
Hope everyone's doing well - thanks for letting me vent


21 comments:
How frustrating!!! I sure hope there's no erosion so you can get your fill!!
Argh--annoyed with ya!
Pretty cake though!
I meant annoyed alongside you, not at you! LOL! :)
Lame. Why do they make bands that can't be filled all the way? Hopefully everything is fine and they are overeating. Better safe than sorry, I guess. Feel better chica! XOXO
P.S. That cake looks much better than OK! - It looks too good to eat (well, almost).
Aww...that sucks! How much do you wanna bet that there's not 9.75 cc's in your band? I bet there isn't. Sorry your day was sucky.
You are looking great! I am sorry to hear about the non fill - so frustrating. I think that you should go and get the upper GI, just in case. Good luck and let us know what happens! <3
That does suck. And of course, now I'm totally scared and confused because i was told that they can even OVER fill a band. And it also makes me wonder if once you tap out your band, is it possible to just gain all the weight back? oh no. Now I'm crazy spiraling...Please keep us posted!
I know it made you just want to slap her. Uggh!It took her 20 mins to get an answer. See thats the kind of stuff on doctor's offices that makes me mad.
I want to slap the NP for you. How stupid for them to make a band that cannot be filled very full...isn't that the point?!
That cake looks yummy & beautiful! And I love that family pic, btw :)
I agree you should get the Upper GI. I have heard of others who have more in their band than you. I'm sorry you had so much frustration. That sucks.
That really sucks. I'm sorry you have to go through this. I definitely think you should get the uppder GI to give you peace of mind and enable you to tell that NP to screw herself and give you a fill. And to tell her, oh btw, now you can say you've seen a person with 9.75 in a Lap Band Vanguard who NEEDS A FREAKING FILL, BIATCH.
Oh man I am so sorry Linda! I didn't think you could have an upper GI without getting all your fill out? I had gurd before my lap band and a few months ago they called an wanted me to have an upper and my NP said you would need all your fill out and I said HELL NO, email me if that's not the case nicole.hollenbeck@Hotmail.com
the cake you made was beautiful!!
Well that is my favourite word-F*** but I guess you can use it too. She should have checked to see how much fluid was actually in your band. Draw it all out and then put it back in. Some have posted about their band leaking. I hope it isn't eroded. I think you would have some pain. Hope it all works out well. Good luck on the upper GI.
How frustrating. I hope everything works out for you and keep us updated.
That sucks! Do the upper GI ASAP, I think, just so you can move on.
Meanwhile, I have not visited your blog in a while and I see that you are totally veering into Skinny Bitch territory! YAY! AWESOME!
You look great and I looovvve that grey top!
That sucks. Huge suckage. Get the upper GI, either you're right (bring on the fill!), or they're right and catch something before it's god awful. Either way, you win?
That really sucks. You should get the GI, this way you know whats up anyway. Hopefully then you can get your fill. I guess its good that they're being cautious, but I can understand that it would be very frustrating.
Your daughter is so cute!!
That blows big time...and I'm sure it's news that none of us wants to hear as we'll all be in that 9.75 cc boat one day soon.
Get the GI just to put your mind at ease and to also allow you to get your next fill.
I'm sorry you had all that aggravation Linda but I agree with everyone. Get the GI and prove'em wrong! Hope it can be done ASAP.
PS- Jeans were sent off Saturday morning... they should get there this week. They've seen their fair share of Jean's Fridays, so they know the drill!
PPS- These are the jeans I wore when I met Queensryche... so wear them to a concert or something. Maybe when Bono's back gets better... they'll bring you "luck" too??? :)
Definitely get the upper GI done. It can't hurt, really. And why the heck didn't they check to see how much was really in your band? Sorry you had a bummer appointment!
Post a Comment